Last updated: 25 November 2022
Take a moment to find out more about our Terms of Service and contact us if you have any questions.
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these Terms. Subject to these Terms, the Provider grants you a personal non-transferable right to access and use the Services and its features.
1. General Provisions
1.1. The Services include the language’s learning platform “Lexilize Flashcards” (hereinafter, the “App”), as well as website pages with the domain name “lexilize.com” dedicated to the App.
1.2. The services are designed for learning languages.
1.3. The administration of the Services as well as technical support is provided by:
- Aleksandr Kurdadze
- E-mail for technical support and personal data questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.4. The availability time of the Services and its features is determined by the Provider and may be changed without prior notice.
2. Terms and Definitions
2.1. For the purposes hereof, the following terms and definitions are used:
You (User) – any individual who uses the functionality of the Services and has reached the age of full legal capacity in accordance with the legislation of the country of their citizenship; or an individual – the legal representative of a minor (parent, guardian, custodian) who, on behalf of the minor, accepts the Terms, grants the minor permission to use the Service, and is responsible for the proper performance of the Terms by the minor.
Provider – Individual entrepreneur Aleksandr Kurdadze
Services – Language learning platform “Lexilize Flashcards”, as well as website pages with the domain name “lexilize.com”
Features of the Services – the features accessible through the App:
- Display of flashcards with the vocabulary of the respective language and additional information. The order in which the flashcards are displayed is determined automatically, based on algorithms set by the Provider, the parameters You choose and your actions.
- Ability to upload your own vocabulary together with translations, samples, images
- Ability to export your learning data to the device you are using or to a Google Drive cloud storage for backup purposes.
- Ability to import your learning data from the device you are using or from a Google Drive cloud storage for recovery purposes.
- Access to the features, or part of the features of the App, in offline mode.
- Other features, the availability of which is explicitly implied by the App interface.
3. User Consent
3.1. By continuing to use our Services, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service. Please stop using our Services if you do not agree to these Terms of Service.
3.2. By registering with the Services, you agree to receive newsletters and marketing emails from us. An unsubscribe link is available at the bottom of every email.
3.3. By expressing consent, you agree to regularly check and read notifications about updates and (or) additions to the Terms.
4. Rights and Obligations
4.1. Hereunder, Provider undertakes to:
- duly consider incoming applications, complaints and comments of Users.
4.2. Provider has the right to:
- unilaterally amend and (or) supplement the Terms, if necessary, including updates in accordance with the applicable law;
- modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Services, any part and/or features of the Services for any reason;
- interrupt the operation of the Services or any part thereof, if it is required to perform any maintenance, bug fixes and (or) make any other modifications;
- place and display advertisements, including advertisements of third parties. These advertisements may contain links to third party resources;
- delete accounts with unconfirmed email addresses 1 week after their creation.
4.3. The User agrees to:
- submit accurate information requested for the use of the Services, when such information is requested;
- refrain from re-engineering (reverse engineering), decompilation and disassembly of the Services or parts thereof, refrain from actions aimed at determining the source code of the Services, refrain from actions aimed at circumvention of the software and hardware means of protection of the Services;
- refrain from using the Services for any purpose prohibited by applicable law or these Terms, as well as incite any illegal activity or other activity that violates our rights and legitimate interests, as well as the rights and legitimate interests of third parties.
4.4. The User has the right to:
- use the features of the Services within the limits and in the manner permitted hereby and by the applicable law;
- contact the Provider for suggestions and/or complaints.
5. Extended plan
5.1. The Provider imposes special restrictions on the features of the Services and places advertisements when access to the Services is provided free of charge.
5.2. You may remove restrictions and disable advertisements for an additional fee (Extended Plan). The provider can provide the Extended Plan for the entire time of use of the Services in exchange for a single payment, or provide temporary access in exchange for regular payments (Subscription).
5.3. The available options for accessing the Extended Plan, the payment terms and conditions, the price, the nature of special restrictions are specified in the Application itself.
5.4. The Provider may change the price for the Subscription at a future time. In the event of a change in the Subscription price, the User shall be notified as stipulated in the rules of the platform through which they have accessed the App (Google Play). The User may consent to the changes or deny consent (fail to provide consent). In the latter case, the Subscription is automatically cancelled in the manner stipulated by the respective platform.
6. Data Protection
7. Content of Services
7.1. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, names and trademarks, logos, sounds, music, images and any other audiovisual content and software code (collectively referred to as the Content), including, without limitation, the design, structure, selection, coordination, appearance, overall style, location and any other way of organizing the Content as part of the Services, are either owned by us or transferred to us for further use by their owners under relevant agreements. The Content is protected by copyright, law on trademarks and other laws governing intellectual property and unfair competition.
7.2. Unless expressly indicated herein, no parts of the Services or the Content may be copied, reproduced, published, posted online, sent by mail, demonstrated in public, encoded, translated, transmitted or otherwise sent (including copied) to another computer, server, website or any other data medium for publication, distribution or any other commercial purpose as well as used otherwise and in any other form without our prior express written consent.
7.3. You may use the information which is specifically provided by us and can be exported from the App only for backup purposes. You may store, transfer this data to other devices or cloud storages, upload it back to the App when you have the right to use the Services. You may not copy, reproduce, modify the exported information or use it for commercial or other purposes not provided for by the Terms.
7.4. All rights save those expressly granted to you in these Terms are reserved.
8.1. THE PROVIDER GUARANTEES NEITHER UNINTERRUPTED OPERATION OF THE SERVICES NOR THAT ITS USE OR THE USE OF ITS FEATURES WILL HELP YOU OBTAIN YOUR DESIRED RESULTS. THE SERVICES AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ANY INFORMATION IN THE SERVICES MAY BE REMOVED AND/OR AMENDED WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. THE PROVIDER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS AND (OR) OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY WITH REGARD TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
8.2. The Services provide the predefined categories for some language directions. The information in categories is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. The Provider does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in predefined categories.
8.4. The Services allow users to enter and send information. Users will be fully responsible for contents of such information and undertake to obtain any permits from third parties necessary for the provision of the information.
8.5. The Provider is not responsible for the content of advertisements when the content of advertisements is determined by third parties.
9. Additional Terms
9.1. If necessary, the Terms may be altered and (or) updated at any time of operation of the Services. The Services will be updated with the new version of the Terms and the date of their adoption. If you disagree with amendments and/or additions hereto, you must discontinue the use of the Services and their functionality.
9.2. The Terms are an agreement between Us and the User with respect to the use of the Services. Any other prior written or oral agreements or arrangements with respect to such use are hereby cancelled.
9.3. If any provision hereof is invalid or unenforceable, other provisions shall remain valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law.
9.4. Failure to enforce your strict compliance herewith cannot be construed as our waiver of any provision hereof or any right hereunder.
9.5. Email (technical support and personal data questions): email@example.com